Welcome, Korean adventurers! If you’re dreaming of exploring the enchanting landscapes and vibrant culture of Vietnam, then you’ve come to the right place. Whether you’re planning a thrilling backpacking trip or a relaxing beach getaway, one essential element stands between you and your Vietnamese escapade – obtaining a visa. Fear not! Our ultimate guide is here to demystify the process for our fellow Korean citizens, ensuring that nothing hinders your journey to this breathtaking Southeast Asian gem. Get ready to immerse yourself in valuable tips, step-by-step instructions, and insider knowledge that will make applying for your Vietnam visa an absolute breeze. Let’s dive in and get closer to uncovering everything you need to know about securing that golden ticket into Vietnam! VIETNAM VISA FOR KOREAN CITIZENS
Introduction to Vietnam Visa for Korean Citizens
Vietnam is a beautiful and culturally rich country that has been gaining popularity among tourists from all over the world. Korean citizens, in particular, have shown great interest in visiting Vietnam for tourism, business, and other purposes. If you are a Korean citizen planning to visit Vietnam soon, then it is essential to understand the visa requirements and procedures to ensure a smooth and hassle-free entry into the country.
In this section, we will provide a comprehensive introduction to the Vietnam visa for Korean citizens. From types of visas available to application procedures and fees involved, we will cover everything you need to know before applying for your Vietnam visa.
Types of Visas Available:
Vietnam offers various types of visas for foreign visitors depending on their purpose of visit. For Korean citizens, there are three main categories of visas available: tourist visa (DL), business visa (DN), and e-visa.
1) Tourist Visa (DL): This type of visa allows Korean citizens to enter Vietnam for sightseeing, vacationing or visiting family or friends. The tourist visa is valid for up to 30 days with single or multiple entries options.
2) Business Visa (DN): If you are planning on conducting business activities in Vietnam such as attending conferences or meetings, then you will require a business visa. It also allows you multiple entries with a validity period ranging from one month to one year.
3) E-visa: Vietnamese government introduced an electronic system allowing foreigners from 80 countries including Korea to apply online. VIETNAM VISA FOR LATVIAN CITIZENS
Visa Requirements and Application Process
Before traveling to Vietnam, Korean citizens must obtain a visa in order to enter the country. The type of visa required depends on the purpose and length of stay in Vietnam. Here are the main types of visas that are available for Korean citizens:
1. Tourist Visa – This type of visa is suitable for travelers who plan to visit Vietnam for tourism purposes. It can be issued for a single entry or multiple entries with a validity period ranging from 30 days to 3 months.
2. Business Visa – For those who intend to visit Vietnam for business purposes, this type of visa is required. It can also be issued as a single entry or multiple entries with a validity period of up to 12 months.
3. Work Visa – If you have been offered employment by a company in Vietnam, you will need to apply for a work visa before your arrival in the country. This type of visa has strict requirements and usually requires sponsorship from the employer.
4. Student Visa – Students who wish to study in Vietnam must obtain a student visa before entering the country. The validity period varies depending on the length of the academic program.
There are two ways for Korean citizens to apply for a Vietnamese visa: through an embassy/consulate or online via an e-visa system.
1. Applying through an Embassy/Consulate: To apply for a Vietnamese visa through an embassy/consulate, you will need to submit your application along with all necessary documents such as your
Types of Visas Available for Korean Citizens
There are several types of visas available for Korean citizens who wish to travel to Vietnam, each with its own specific purpose and requirements. In this section, we will discuss the different types of visas that are available for Korean citizens and their characteristics.
1. Tourist Visa: This is the most common type of visa used by Korean citizens for visiting Vietnam as tourists. It allows them to enter and stay in the country for a maximum period of 30 days. The tourist visa can be obtained either through an e-visa or by applying at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Korea. The e-visa application process is simple and can be completed online, while obtaining a visa from the embassy or consulate may take longer but offers more flexibility in terms of duration.
2. Business Visa: Those planning to conduct business activities in Vietnam such as attending meetings, conferences, or signing contracts are required to obtain a business visa. This type of visa also allows multiple entries into Vietnam within a specified period. To obtain a business visa, Korean citizens must provide an invitation letter from their Vietnamese business partner along with other necessary documents.
3. Work Visa: Koreans who wish to work in Vietnam must obtain a work permit first before applying for a work visa. The work permit can be obtained through their employer in Vietnam, and it serves as proof that they have been approved to work in the country. Once the work permit is secured, they can then apply for a work visa which allows them to stay and work legally in Vietnam.
Visa Fee and Processing Time
Obtaining a Vietnam visa for Korean citizens requires payment of a visa fee. The amount varies depending on the type of visa and the processing method selected. Generally, there are two types of fees to be paid for a Vietnam visa: stamping fee and service fee.
The stamping fee is paid upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam and can only be paid in cash (either US dollars or Vietnamese dong). As of 2021, the stamping fee for single entry visas is $25 USD while multiple entry visas range from $50-95 USD. It is important to note that these fees are subject to change without prior notice, so it is recommended to check with your nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate for updated information.
The service fee is paid to your chosen agency or organization that facilitates your Vietnam visa application process. This can vary depending on which agency you choose, but usually ranges from $10-20 USD for a single entry visa and $30-40 USD for multiple entries. It is important to research and compare different agencies before making a decision in order to find the best price and services offered.
The processing time for a Vietnam visa also varies depending on the type of visa and processing method chosen. Generally, there are three options available: normal processing, urgent processing, and super urgent processing.
This option takes around 2-3 business days for approval letter issuance. Once you have received your approval.